(i) General information
The submissions for Azyl Festival are launching on 1st March 2020 when the organizers have started the registration process on the festival´s web. Creators can submit their artworks until the 11th May 2020. The main prizes will be determined by an international jury consisting of representatives form the v4 countries. Films will be gradually presented on the web page festival.azyl.sk after their submission via an online formular.
Main organizer of the Festival Azyl is Azyl Production s.r.o., Panenská 13, 811 03 Bratislava
(II) Sections Festival
The Festival has four film section:
1. One Minute Films
2. Five Minute films
3. Music videos
4. Movies exceeding 5 minutes of view time
The competitive section of the Azyl Festival can be entered by authors of moves shorter than one minute or with the maximal length of 5 minutes. The categories include experimental, animated, motion-picture and other films with the exception of music videos shorter than 5 minutes, as for these we have a special section in the competition. The non-competitive segment is reserved for authors who would like to present their audiovisual artworks which do not comply with the competition rules. All participants are responsible for obtaining the author rights reservation from all 3rd parties included in the production. The Festival Organizer isn’t responsible for any rights violations discovered and reserves the right to disqualify any movie liable to such violation of said author rights.
(III) Movie selection and Prizes
A small jury will decide the nominees and designate 10 movies in each category after the voting closes. The final ranking order will be determined by a large jury consisting of qualified film industry professionals from the V4 countries. A prize will be awarded to the first place in the categories of one minute movies, five minute movies and music videos.
Festival isn’t limited to any topic nor theme. Submitted movies will be stored and archived on the web page festival.azyl.sk
Organizers reserve the right to not publicize submitted movies in both the competitive and non-competitive category.
(IV) Movie Propagation
A selection of the best movies from each category will be screened at an international film festival Art Film Fest 2020 between 19th and 27th June 2020 where the prize ceremony for the winning movies will also take place. The best movies from Azyl Season 2020 will later be screened at various film festivals in the V4 as well other movie events and presentations in Slovakia and other countries.
The organizer reserves the right to show the submitted movies, films, music videos and parts of them on the internet and social networks of the festival. Furthermore, the organizer reserves the right to use pictures and photographs of the submitted movies, films and music videos for promotional purposes and provide said materials to the media with the intention of promoting the festival and informing the general public.
(V) Movie Competition Participation Conditions
1. Anyone can enter the competition.
2. Film submitted into the competition must be shorter than one minute or cannot exceed the duration of five minutes. Movies cannot be made before 2019.
3. The participant must complete the festival form truthfully and accurately. With submitting the form, the participant automatically accepts the Festival Terms and Conditions.
4. The participant must pay the entry fee – 2,00 € (payment is not required for the schools – the maximum number of films per one school is 5).
5. The participants must submit their films by May 11th, 2020. Registrations after this date will be deemed invalid.
6. The participant is responsible for their movie and guarantees that it is not burdened by any liabilities which would breach or violate the author or screening rights with 3rd parties.
7. Submitted movies can be screened at festivals and events other than the Art Film Fest Košice 2020.
8. The festival has no topic or theme limitations. Movies submitted can be a motion picture, animated movie, an experimental film, dance video or a music clip etc.
9. Film must be submitted in the format that is outlined by the registration form. If the movie contains any dialogs in a foreign language, a dialog list or English subtitles must be attached to the registration.
(VI) Agreement to personal data processing
In accordance to the law of Slovak Republic § 11 Law # 122/2013 Z.z. on personal data processing in the valid and legitimate form of the latest edition, an individual agrees to providing and processing of personal data by the festival organizers.